Monday, March 07, 2005

Back online

Its been a while since I've played online. I just got tired of sitting in front of the screen. I lose, I win. I'm definitely up this year. Not a whole lot, maybe a nice dinner for two with a good bottle of wine. Not bad since I can probably count on one hand how many times I have played in the last 8 weeks.
But reading Iggy's blog http://guinnessandpoker.blogspot.com/ has inspired me to get back in the game, and as I am typing this, I am doing quite well over at Poker Stars, up 70 BB in just over an hour.
I have been playing alot (for me) offline. Maybe 2, 3 times a week although I think that will change if Charles has really stopped his game.
He got his hand slapped a few weeks ago and hasn't been the same since. Most people buy in for $100, but I was not playing well, and even when I was, I was getting smacked around, and had to reach back in my pocket 2 more times.
Now this game when it first started 2 years ago was maybe a $40 buy in, and once that was lost people usually went home. As you can see its gotten a bit more serious. Sometimes we have games with $400 in the pot, not too bad for us anyway!
It was getting late and we decided to play it one more time around. Well, I got hot, quads once, a nut flush and a big boat. I ended up walking out with $700. A nice little win.
The next day, an email comes around from Charles saying he was selling his chips, cards, table, etc. Haven't heard from him since.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for read!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home