Monday, September 19, 2005

No New Table Curse

After getting slaughtered in Charles' Thursday game, I needed to get back on track so we broke in the new table this weekend with a small (6 person) tournament. (where the hell were all the rest?) $60 buy in and rebuys for the first hour. We had 11 total buy-ins so decent sized pot. ( you do the math)
With everyone playing quite recklessly trying to build up a big chipstack, it was the wild west... some best hands holding up til the river, the most not. Close to the end of the rebuy period, I look down and see A,A. The flop comes Q, Q, 7. I bet, get called. 4th street comes blank. I bet out and get called. 5th street sees the 3rd Q come out and I go all in. The other guy calls and sure enough he holds the case Q. Oh well, he called a preflop raise holding Q,10 offsuit. I reload.
Good thing, because when the first hour finished, everyone tightened up.
The first person to get knocked out was Charles. I had mid pair on the flop, got a free card on 4th street and hit trips on 5th. He pushed it all in and I called. Good for me.
I proceeded to methodically knock out the rest of the table, until only Dwayne and I were left. My last money finish, at this series of tournaments, we had been heads up and he knocked me out, so I was looking for some payback (literally).
After pushing some chips back and forth, with my big stack steadily growing larger he pushed all in with A,5 unfortunately for him, I was holding A,10 and called. He didn't get lucky and I took down the pot.
It felt good to be back on top. My record in my tournaments 3 firsts, 2 seconds, 1 third. Not a bad run. I've been lucky.
Raise the hammer, biatches.
poker, online poker blog

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I played that hand like a wimp. I should have pushed all in on the AKK flop, but I guess the KK put me in jail with my AJ. And I certainly shouldn't have called your all-in, I think I need therapy. Oh well, nice hand. See you soon. Charles

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually the A5 vs. A10 hand was the hand you knocked out 3rd (me) with. Don't remeber the tournament winning hand but I do remeber my final hand. I'll get-cha next time. Nate.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home