Saturday, April 23, 2005

Winner

Another successful tournament (NLHE). A smaller field than usual, 12 players, but we did have someone break the gender barrier. Props to Ms. Lee Majors for joining us.She finished in the middle of the pack; quite respectable. She made a nice move and tripled up when short suited and got two callers, me included. Her A, 5 found a 5 to beat my A,9, but I got the sidepot when Fletch's K,J couldn't find a match.
The winner was....me! Yeah. I knocked out over half of the players in the game and won heads up against my brother when on the button, he raised me, I pushed all in with A, Jo against his K,4. Flop come Q,10, 2. Turn is a blank and the river is a K, giving me the straight.
4 new faces, which is a good thing since many of our usual players were off at a bachelor party.
The first victim of the night was Shield. I cracked his A,A with K,Q. After his preflop raise, I call. When the board came with a king, I bet it and he raised about half my stack. Decision time. I put him on A,K but thought maybe he had a mid pair and was trying to semi-bluff me. I make the call with great reservations about the wisdom of the call. 4th street gave me the Q. I put him all in and he calls. My 2 pair holds up and Shield has an early exit. He is really a great guy and is invaluable in helping me set things up and running the show. But it's still sweet to knock his ass out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Ms. Lee Majors for not only breaking the gender gap, but also coming in second amongst coworkers...you go girl!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home