Monday, April 11, 2005

To Play Crap, or Not to Play Crap

It's ok. Really. Call it 'varying your play', having 'gamble' or just want to goddamn play, sometimes you just want to see a flop. You limp in, someone raises 5x the BB and you call...with crap. Why? Well, I just wanted the action...seriously. Flop comes 9,6,5 rainbow. I bet the pot. He pushes all in. I call. If you were him and that flop comes...what would you have have done with K,K? Would you have gone all in? Or, maybe.... would you think that with my call, I had a small pocket pair? I did lead out after his pre-flop raise. Reasonable. Or, do you think I am bluffing at it?
I called his 5x BB raise with 8,7o. I know...I suck...I am huge -EV to play that hand often/ever. I take down a $500 pot and I spot him $200 to play.
But kharma sucks....a few hands later, I limp in with Q,6o. Flop comes A,Q,6. He checks, I bet $40, he(same guy) goes all in for $185. I call. Can you put him on a hand? If you put him on A,A or Q,Q you are wrong. A,Q. next card A. I am drawing dead.
That my friends is why playing shit cards can lead to huge variance.

(oh I should tell you before you think I totally suck, we were playing 3 handed)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I reading this right? You gave a $200 rebate on a $500 pot?

Did you know the person, or just feel bad for hitting a flop?

10:10 AM  
Blogger Surgesilk said...

I let a friend borrow $200. Big difference than a rebate. There is no crying in poker!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home