Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Off to AC for WSOP events

JG and I will be heading to Atlantic City on Sunday to play in some WSOP circuit events. This will be my first foray into big time poker. JG on the other hand has played in a number of events already, including the main event. JG recently came in the money and won a nice 5 figure sum.
I've been rereading all Doyle's, Caro's and Skalansky's books to prep myself. I've been playing online too...with mixed results. I need to be able to look at a guy.
Tournaments are not really my strong point, I am more a cash game guy. I don't have the patience in the early rounds. If I survive early, I normally always do very well late.
JG is a very patient player, which is why he does well in tourney play.
I'm selling pieces of myself...20% is sold... and I am only giving away 50% max. Wish me luck and feel free to send any advice my way!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(For what it's worth...), one philosophy I try to use in the early rounds of tourneys: When an opponent bets into you on the flop, look for a reason to fold rather than a reason to call. For us, of course, it's almost the opposite for our cash games. Just remember Grasshopper, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Oh, and DON'T raise The Hammer! Good luck, I'll try to follow you online! Rick :-)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Surgesilk said...

Good advice Rick...ever taken it yourself? lol
I hope you had a good holiday! Wish me luck!

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home