Monday, May 16, 2005

Nate's Tournament

This Saturday I played in a NLHE tourney (18 people$50 buy in). I broke the cardinal rule of tournament play, I got aggressive early against a player I had never played before and with a player I know…let’s be honest…who sucks.
With a A,2 suited I came in and the flop comes A, J, 4 rainbow. I am last to act and make a 3x raise which gets called by both. “Uh oh” is what comes to mind. I think I am out kicked but maybe I can steal it. 4th street comes and it’s a Q. Again a small bet comes my way and I raise the pot. Both called.
OK so whatever comes on 5th I have to get out and sure enough its no help…it’s a 10. Board A,J,Q,10,4.
A smallish bet comes to me and I fold.
They both turn over. Neither has either a King or an Ace. Jack, 8 wins. This was my day. I played 3 hand in 6 orbits, and went out in 11th position as the blinds ate me up.
Fortunately, the ring game afterwards went much better. Omaha 8 can be an easy jackpot against players who aren’t strong on the pot odds.
I was home by 9pm with enough money in pocket for a hooker and a bottle of Blanton’s. ( I didn’t partake of either FYI).

Thanks to Nate for putting on a great tournament.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home