Sunday, March 13, 2005

Small Redemption

Everyone talks about how Party Poker is so soft and that its like the salmon returning up stream. I have to admit, I don't play there that often (Normally at River Stars...err Poker Stars) so my experience is limited.
However after a quick $20 NLHE SNG, I may have to start singing the party line ( pun intended).
Let me describe the sheer absurdity of what just took place.
OK among the first couple hands, I limp in with Qd,10d. Not my normal starting hand quality, but I want to see how it goes. Board comes Ad, 9d, and 3x. Someone leads out, a few callers and I like my chances, I just call.
4th street is a 7x, no danger, now its just two ahead of me, and I call a moderate bet....maybe 400 in the pot at this point. The river is Jd, super for me. One smallish bet ahead of me, one folds, and now its my decision.
I don't have him on the Kd xd, so I am going to just raise a bit, but what the hell, I only have about 500 (out of the 800 started) so I go all in, and he calls with just a pair of 9s. Huh? OK, guy. I"m doubled up, nice way to begin.
That's just to start, I have to set up the rest. So last week I bought an 89 BMW 750il. Its a little rough so I have been working on it. I get in this morning to take it to the golf course (don't ask what I shot),and it won't start. I don't feel like going thru the hassle of jumping it myself (the battery is under the backseat) plus I want to get my $$ worth out of AAA, so I get them to come out, the estimate is 75 minutes. That's fine the SNG will be done by then. Opps, literally 30 seconds later the driver calls to say he is 2 minutes away. OK. I turn on the "post and fold" option and I meet the guy outside. (alternator is ok, battery is ok, no drain...so what the hell is it?)
20 minutes later and the table is down to 4 with all three of them all-in. They can't all lose right, damn...ok. So its heads-up within second of me returning. His 6800 against my 1200, I've been up against worse, but its not looking good and the blinds are 150/300. Well after 8 hands now its reversed, I have 6800 and he has 1200 after a 5 all ins in a row and after I flop a set.
Last hand (hope you are smart enough to know who wins) he goes all in I call with A,Q to his K,J. The board blanks and I win.
So ladies (yeah like any broads reading this are ladies...no offense Crystal, Katy, Vicki, etal) and gents the moral of the story is, go away from your computer, come back when its down to 4 and you should make the $$$. Hmm wonder if this works on the $50 SNG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home