Monday, June 06, 2005

Why I Suck: Pride, Ego

Sometime the cards run cold, sometimes you play like shit….I’m doing both. My play has sickened me and I am simply too ashamed to post much about it. I had won 7 $50 or $100 heads up NLHE, in a row and 9 of 11 at Pacific Poker prior to this crash of epic proportions.
I suck online, I suck offline.
I think I know why. I’m play like a robot.
I want to show people how smart I am, and that I should have won with my starting hand…that my best were spot on…rather than listening to my instincts and actually winning money. I’m not sure where this is coming from. I think my lack of playing in tough games is actually hurting me….forcing me to be my best. Instead I am playing in a game with really poor players and that’s encouraged me to show my ‘superiority’ over them. Stupid me.
I’m taking a hiatus from playing, or even watching poker on TV. I won’t think about it til I can, in the immortal words of The Captain, “get my mind right”.

A good buddy of mine has a blog …well…that might be going a bit too far...its more of a proto-blog, check it out and ridicule him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've chosen to take the high road. Hope it works out for you. I know it can only help my game.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home