Tuesday, June 14, 2005

12 Step Program for Poker Players

I am a poker addict and here is my confession and submission to the 12 step program.

1) I admit that I am powerless over my addiction to drawing to inside straights - that our hands had become –EV.

2) Came to
believe that a River greater than myself could restore my bankroll.

3)Made a
decision to turn our chips and our decks over to the care of Odds as we understood the Odds.

4) Made a searching and fearless
check raise when holding the nuts.

5) Confessed that we were bluffing, to ourselves and to another human being.

6) Were entirely ready to have Odds remove all these defects of play.

7) Humbly asked Odds to remove our bad play.


8) Made a
list of all fish we had harmed, and became willing to accept busting them.

9) Made
bets to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would get them to fold prematurely.

10) Continued to take
personal inventory of my tells.

11) Sought through prayer and animal sacrifice to improve our knowledge of the Odds as we understood the Odds, praying only for knowledge of the river.

12) Having had a spiritual awakening and having read all of Texas Dolly’s books, we try to bust others, and to practice these principles in all poker games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home