Monday, June 27, 2005

Results of the Tournament

Well, it was no WSOP or WPT, in fact it was the lowest turnout ever (only 8 players!) but we made a rule change and allowed rebuys the first two rounds and had $800 in play.
A friend of JG's won; Dwayne.
He went heads up with yours truly. I started with a massive 4-1 chip advantage. Unfortunately, twice in dominating positions, with Dwayne all in... my hands refused to hold up and Dwayne took the lead. In two consecutive hands he then flopped trips, I smelled out the first one, but in the second, with 3 clubs on the board on 4th street and the A clubs in my hand, I decided to make a move and was called. No help for Big Slick on 5th street and I bust.
Congrats to Dwayne who played well all day and was the only person not to rebuy.

Since JG will be headin off soon for WSOP, I was trying to give him feedback, not on his game...but on anything I was picking up off him. I hope it helps him take the bracelet.

Nasty came in third. After not making the money in the first 5 tourneys, he has now gotten paid in the last two. Congrats to him.

Big Slick's record...a decent 2 wins, 2 2nds, and a third. 5 out of 7 times in the $$. I can't argue with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home