Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Saved by a cellphone

My twelve step program has been a mixed success. I have not played a hand of poker, either online or offline nor have I watched any poker on TV. OK…well, it happened to be on as I turned the TV on and watched 3 seconds of it til my steel will kicked in and I turned it off.
However, I have been craving it. In fact, I would have played on Friday in a new game. It’s a weekly game held by one of the guys, “Foosball” from my Wednesday game I had even called for directions and was getting ready to go when a friend of mine dropped by out of the blue. She had a bad week and wanted a drink and to blow off a little steam with her good friend (ok fuck buddy) Big Slick. Afterwards, we were relaxing, and my mind was calculating ways to get her out of the house so I could skip over to the game.
Then her cellphone rang, and I thought would give me the chance I needed, so I hopped in the shower (no need for poker players to smell fish) and when I came out, she said she had a surprise…her friend had had a long day and also needed to blow off some steam…Well, even an addict has his limits and its been a few weeks since I’ve had two chicks blowing off my steam…so…I was in for the night.
I know I’ll hear the siren song of the cards again…soon…and I don’t think I’ll get saved by the bell again. (then again, that would be good, too!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this your roomate?
I am going through a 12 step program myself. I am not posting on political forums atleast for a month. God I'm a nerd.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home