Sunday, March 20, 2005

13 hours of poker; 0 beers

Saturday was pretty much taken up with poker. 12 hours to be exact; from 2pm to 2am, that's all I did.
The poker tournament went off well, even if I went out second. I was getting cracked and running up against slightly better hands right from the beginning. I was knocked out by a new guy, JG who brought a chick to the game. I have no idea if she was his sister, gf or psychic counselor, the relationship was never explained, nor did she play...she just watched. Which, if I was doing another of my fave things, would have been just fine, but I hate to be watched. It turned out ok because she actually watched another table.
Anyway, yeah I got knocked out when I limped in with A,9o, the board comes A,A,10, I push all in with JG holding A, J. If there was one part of my game I REALLY need to improve (like there is just one part), it's my over play of Aces.
A new guy ended up winning, my brother came in second, and one of the good players from the low stakes game, came in third; his first finish in the money.
Not enough people who got bounced from the tourney wanted to play a cash game, so Charles and I ended up playing heads up, Omaha for 3 hours. It was a lot of fun, even if it was all sound and fury signifying nothing.
Turns out some of the people who did play at the tourney went home and started a cash game and had left me a message to come over. This is around 10pm when I check...so Charles and KG and I head over to Ray-Kwan's townhouse.
What a fucking nightmare! Kids...fat kids...fat, obnoxious kids...fat, obnoxious and crying kids were there making the game a fucking zoo. I should have walked out when I saw the "My Little Pony" on the goddamn table and about 3 decks of cards strewn on the floor.
To top it all off, this one fucking fish could not lose. I mean he CALLS all ins with 10,5 off and ends up with boats...I kid you not. I was afraid to call this freaky, calls-the-devil-to-the-crossraods-makes-a-deal mother f'er.
He pushed me around, hell the whole damn table pretty good...I cracked his ass eventually but it took a straight flush (On the flop no less, I held 8d,9d) to do it.
Today has been a day for the yard...I hate working in the yard. I need a woman to do that shit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't deal with the pressure of out posting this post, huh?

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home