Thursday, March 24, 2005

We 5 Kings of Wild Cards Are...

The on again, off again saga of the Charles’ weekly game is evidently off again. Charles suggested that his desire to sell all of his chips, tables etc was motivated more by his desire to get new, custom chips than his swearing off of poker.
Not a bad gambit.
I played last night in the soft, low limit game. I ended up, up 148 BB. Which sounds more impressive than the payout was. (.50/$1)
Do you ever get in the mood to play non-poker games; 2’s and 3’s, suicide kings, and one eyed jacks wild? Baseball? Night baseball? 7/27? Acey Duecy?
Rarely do I get the hankering to let the winds of chance loft me into the oxygen depriving realm of 5 of a kind, but when I do, I go all out.
I am not proud of my depravity. I swear I was once like you, a creature of all that is holy; worshipping at the temple of odds, implied odds, EV, etc. But when I get a taste for the sweet, cloying meat of pure suck-out; I want to gorge myself at the carcass of Luck and satiate my shame.
Last night, Texas Holdem, Omaha 8, stud, just could not feed my gambling monkey and I wanted him and his red ass, off my back. In an orgy of quads, royal flushes and 5 of a kinds, my penultimate enjoyment came when playing “Follow the Bitch” and with just three of a kind against quads on the board, a queen comes up and I am dealt a 5 which spikes my down 5’s giving me 4 Kings. Then when my final down card is dealt to me, its another lady. 5 kings laid the royal screwing on his prags (don’t you watch Oz?), 5 Jacks and busted 2 players (what did the other guy think his 10 high straight flush was good?)
It’s out of my system now, and I am debating whether to fly out to Vegas or AC this afternoon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

VEGAS!VEGAS!VEGAS!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, I vote for either so long as you take me with you.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there you go... at any rate, we're playing Wednesday, 3/30 @ 7PM so bring your $$ and some of the girlfriends and come on down...

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home